Friday, April 24, 2015

Bath Time

We moved to the other nursery! He is doing really well, he's on room air and off his feeding tube! He's nursing from me during the day and bottle feeding at night. The nurses were impressed with my milk supply, so it's a blessing I can feed my baby! The lactation consultant at the NICU was awesome. Max LOVES to eat. We have been so blessed with great nurses that have helped us to get to do all his cares. Tonight Javi and I got to give him his bath. The nurse showed us how to swaddle him in a clean blanket while bathing him- strange, I know, but he loved it. He slept through the bath and we were able to see our little man with NOTHING attached for the first time since he was born. His IV had gone bad before the bath so she took it out so we could get a good cleaning. He's such a calm baby right now, and loves to snuggle. We are in love with our little guy!




Javi got creative with the breast shield 
Room air! 
Getting to bathe him for the first time

Waking up after bath time 


3 comments:

  1. I love to see him without all the tubes and tape! He must be so happy to be rid of it. I'm so glad he's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, happy day! He sure is a handsome little fella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when do I get to take him ice cream???? The kid won't know what spoiled is if you wait toooo long. Glad he is doing well

    ReplyDelete